Art Librarians in Action: A Call for Paper Presentations
The Art Libraries Society of North America Southeast Chapter Conference in Birmingham, AL is right around the corner! Please consider submitting a paper proposal. We encourage you to share this announcement with colleagues at your state library association.
ARLIS/SE Chapter Conference
November 6-7, 2014
The Art Libraries Society of North America’s Southeast Chapter (ARLIS/SE) invites members and prospective members to submit proposals that address positive actions art librarians are taking to better serve their constituents. For example:
• What targeted outreach programs are you initiating to connect with your patrons?
• What steps are you taking develop and market effective information literacy sessions?
• What new technology are you integrating or experimenting with at your library?
• How are you adapting or changing a service to suit the needs of your patrons?
• What open access or digitization projects are you engaged with in order to reveal previously hidden collections?
• How are you collaborating with faculty, students, patrons, or colleagues to create new learning opportunities at your library?
We are interested in hearing about any new initiatives you’d like to share. We hope to hear from you!
Paper presentations will be 15 minutes in length and take place in Birmingham’s Tutwiler Hotel on the morning of Friday, November 7th. Audiovisual equipment will be provided.
Please submit a proposed title, 200 word abstract, and your contact information to Kasia Leousis, Architecture and Art Librarian, Auburn University, email@example.com. The deadline for proposal submissions is Friday, September 26th. Participants will be notified regarding their acceptance by Tuesday September 30th.
More information about this year’s ARLIS/SE Chapter Conference is available at our website: http://southeast.arlisna.org/. ARLIS/SE is the Southeast Chapter of ARLIS/NA, the Art Libraries Society of North America and serves professionals who reside in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.